According to the CDC*, COVID-19 cannot survive in properly treated pool and hot tub water. In addition, the World Health Organization states that controlling water quality is necessary to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases
During this crisis it is important that pools and hot tubs be properly maintained because:
- The maintenance of properly sanitized swimming pools, spas, and other artificial bodies of water is necessary to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases. Without proper pool and spa maintenance (which includes circulation and treatment of water) various germs which are present in feces – like e. coli – can grow.
- It can also create a breeding ground for mosquitoes, other pests and the diseases they may carry. This presents a risk not only to bathers but to the entire community at large. Additionally, it is critically important that active in-ground pool and spa projects be completed. Unfinished projects pose significant public safety risks as potential issues such as cave-ins and pool popping, as well as the dangers posed by an active construction site. And the impact of long-term exposure to the elements may result in the community health issues noted above
- As children and families across the country are being asked to reduce outside contact or even shelter at home, and gyms and other public facilities are closing, the backyard pool and hot tub (spa) provides a fun way for families to focus on their health and well-being. These pools and hot tubs should be properly maintained
- If you are attempting to treat your own pool and hot tub (spa) necessary chemicals can be and should be purchased. Please be sure to read the entire label and follow all manufacturer instructions when applying and storing chemicals
- Many of the chemicals retailers sell can also be used for surface disinfection, drinking water treatment, and more. Be sure to ask us!
We are making accommodations to service customers like curbside pick-up and ship-to-home. Just call us 410-798-5674 so we can help you with these purchases.
As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions. Stay Healthy!!
The Chesapeake Spas Team